It is difficult to provide an accurate estimate on how long it will take to complete a website without knowing all of the requirements and expectations of the client.
The average website (around 8 pages) generally takes between 15–20 hours to complete. Very basic and simple websites can take as little as 6-8 hours to complete.
The time it takes to develop a website depends on the features, customizations and complexity of the website as well as how many changes you want me to make during the developmental process. It’s not uncommon for the client to ask me to try different colors, layouts and styles on the website for them to look at before deciding on the final format. Naturally, this adds more time to the overall process.
Examples of other features that may add additional time to the development of a website include:
- Customizing the colors, fonts, formats and layouts of the website outside the limits of the WordPress theme
- Creating complex forms
- Developing custom landing pages
- Adding Ecommerce to the website (The ability to sell and take payments)
- Resizing, cropping and editing graphic images
- Developing/adding email capture forms with Mailchimp, Aweber or some other such service
- If you need assistance with your domain name and hosting account
- WordPress training for maintaining and updating the website by yourself